Which Coffee do you like most?

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
One of my favorites is the Kona Peaberry I once got from huladaddy.com , roasted City+. That was a few years ago. I am currently enjoying some Dominican Bani roasted City+, got it from thetaridgecoffee.com . Very inexpensive (about 3.50/pound delivered). One of the very best very inexpensive coffees I ever purchased. I drink it black from my Technivorm.

Len :coffee:

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I love coffee & have been drinking & enjoying varieties from many countries.
But as of late have grown to love Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Coffee. I love to roast it, smell it & drink it.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
I love coffee & have been drinking & enjoying varieties from many countries.
But as of late have grown to love Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Coffee. I love to roast it, smell it & drink it.

hi wwcove.
i also love good Yirgacheffe. Actually I just ordered 1 lbs from jumpinjakjava along with Brazil yellow bourbon and Mzuzu (from Tarzania, i think).
I can not wait to try them from Jumpinjakjava.
BTW, wwcove, how do you roast Yirgacheffe? I am not a professional roaster, so I would like to know how you roast Yirgacheffe compared to other beans, let's say beans from central america. sumatra & mandheling. any special things that you have be careful about?
also, what kind of roaster do you have and how long it takes to roast Yirgacheffe at what temp?
finally, your yirgacheffe done by honey process or dry process?
love to get some valuable info from you.
thanks
ensoluna

jwiley86

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Visit site
I also thought this was a forum for everyone, especially the folks who are new to the world of coffee. If you look at the extensive forum subject index, you'll see that it reflects the wide variety of interests and experiences that have always been encouraged on this forum. This is not a forum that's just for the coffee elite . . . .what qualifys a person to be considered "coffee elite" anyway?

Please.... let's all try to avoid slamming, dunking, or squishing the new guys. It's not very nice, and it's not at all professional. We need to remember that we were all new to the world of coffee at one time or another.

If we focus on encouraging and guiding folks to achieve a more "elite" coffee experience, we'll be doing them a huge favor.

Who knows? Maybe with our help and guidance, someone who likes Nescafe today will eventually start exploring the world of coffee and eventually grow to love something like a Tanzanian Peaburry or a Costa Rico Tarrazu.

Rose

This is right. And given that it's a coffee forum I think we should not bash anyone for what kind of coffee that person drinks. As long as it's coffee I feel this forum should welcome them given it is a coffeeforum. Before I replaced drinking instant coffee, I also have been a fan for Nescafe.

KaitExcellent

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Chock full o' nuts. I enjoy the French roast. It's can coffee, but it's pretty good. Or maybe that's just 'cos I haven't really gotten into the higher-end coffees.

Mzungu

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I fell in love with ethiopian coffee while traveling around that amazing country.
Been drinking Mocca Sidamo this week, not bad either.
Man, I cant have a favorite one!

Mzungu

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Illy is my fave everytime I go to Italia (very often since I'm half italian) but I guess their beans' got multiple sources? maybe Brazil? I dont know :)

soliloquy

Feb 13, 2014
northfield, mn
Visit site
I recently found a Peruvian light roast at my local Co-op grocery store and am loving it. I've read the praise of roasting lightly on this forum, but it seems hard to find a true light roast in a store around here. I was about to order some online, then I found this. I'm a bit of a coffee newb myself. Up until about a year ago I'd always order dark roast at my local coffee shop. For some reason, I thought dark meant that it was brewed stronger--like the coffee in the cup was darker. Anyways, the best advice I can give to a "newb" would be to experiment with lighter roasts. They just have more flavor, complexity, yada yada.