Which Coffee do you like most?

champagnesyrup

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm really not into Starbucks' or Seattle's Best's coffee. I like my own mixture of coffee, creamer and sugar. Especially when it comes with my favorite cake. :)

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Would anyone be interested in a website that sold dozens of different types of coffee from different roasters, and guaranteed freshness as the shipments come right from the roaster? This way you can really try several types of coffees but it's a one stop website. Is this something people would be interested in?

I doubt that I would be at this time. I have a couple of places locally that roast and ship on order(or I can pick it up) and I have it the day after it was roasted, hard to beat that unless I roasted it myself.

Nucer

Aug 6, 2014
Benbrook, Texas
Visit site
That is a hard question. But they are all home roasted. I am drinking a Mandheling and at this moment it is my favorite. Tomorrow I may drink a Harrar and then that will be my favorite. So many coffees that picking a favorite is tough. I prefer tasty coffees but have friends that prefer smooth easy going coffee. So it is all in the palate and for me it all depends on my mood.

(some many good coffees......)

CoffeeNub

Nov 18, 2014
SE Michigan
Visit site
A decent coffee bean can be brewed horribly or perfectly. I'd rather have one closer to perfect than the alternative. I'd like to try doing a pour over method on Foldgers. Maybe I'll steal some from my sister! There's nothing wrong with dunkin donuts, tim horton's, or starbucks if brewed properly.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
....And I find if I put a pinch of baking soda in the basket with the coffee then no matter how strong I make it...it doesn't upset my stomach. I even take a small container with me when I go to my favorite local coffee shop...just a pinch will cut the acidity and the actual coffee flavor comes through.

This may be a good idea with an electric drip machine but I don't recommend it for a pour-over method. I just tried it and, while I'm no chemist, I could tell visually that it did something to the 'bloom' and the flavor profile changed. I might consider trying a pinch of soda added directly to the cup of brewed coffee but not prior to the brew. In fact, I will try it on my next cup.

Ive tried the "acid-free" coffee and it lacks flavor. Just MHO..... :)

Nucer

Aug 6, 2014
Benbrook, Texas
Visit site
I just had a DP Congo which was ful body, melony and aftertaste of chocolate. I enjoyed both cups this morning after 24 hour rest. Waiting to see what tomorrow brings.

Next up is the Columbians