High Blood Pressure

Madmardigan

Mar 1, 2021
Hey coffee lovers,

My partner went to the dentist on Friday and they had to postpone his dental work due to extremely high blood pressure. He drinks a LOT of coffee. Has anyone ever dealt with this? What did you do?

He will give up coffee if he has to. Just wondering if anyone has experience with cutting out caffeine and that having a positive effect on lowering BP. I've found conflicting info online. Thanks.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
This one is a no brainer really. If you have high blood pressure, drinking coffee won't help that. But the cause isn't the coffee. The cause can be hereditary but more likely a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet. Fix the diet and get regular exercise and the blood pressure will come down on it's own most likely. If your friend drinks a lot of coffee, he will be well advised to cut down on the coffee until he gets the blood pressure dealt with. He may need some meds to start out. If it's a lack of exercise and poor diet, fixing those two would go a long way towards being able to do it without meds. But he doesn't want to ignore it. Long term high blood pressure can lead to scar tissue on the kidneys and reduced kidney function, which is permanent. I had undiagnosed high blood pressure apparently and I now have Chronic Kidney Disease. Don't mess with high blood pressure. There's a reason it's called the silent killer.

Richcoop

Jun 4, 2021
I drink a lot of coffee and don't have such problems. Maybe there is another cause of the high blood pressure?

BartSmith89

Jun 24, 2021
I drink 4 cups of coffee every day and I've started experiencing high blood pressure as well. So I've started taking Vitamine C and a couple more supplement ordered online . So far I must say it helps. I know I should just drink less coffee but I prefer to solve it this way for now.

alexshawn

Jul 15, 2021
USA
My husband went to the dentist on Friday because he want to get invisible retainer, but his dental treatment had to be postponed owing to his abnormally high blood pressure.
He is a coffee lover. Has anyone had to deal with this before? What exactly did you do?
First of all, he has to reduce the quantity of coffee. I will recommend you to consult with a doctor because he can guide you properly according to his age.