Is coffee good or bad for my health?

rosieee

Sep 15, 2023
Dublin
Visit site
For me coffee has a lot of benefits. Unfortunately, I can't drink caffeine because of my health condition, so decaf is my only option. I'm diabetic and recently I have had a high blood sugar level. My doctor suggested I take meds from Canada Drugs store to lower it. I also have to maintain a healthy diet and a lot of products are forbidden for me.

Last edited:

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
This study proves the health effects of coffee. My doctor told me that coffee drinking probably helped me when I had a heart attack.

Last edited:

thesamestranger

Sep 18, 2023
Usa
Visit site
If it is not much, for example a cup a day, then there will be no health risk. Now I drink coffee very rarely because I am on a diet and I like to drink coffee only with cream. Thanks to the https://betterme.world/articles/a-14-day-weight-loss-japanese-diet/ article, I have already lost quite a lot of weight, but still it is not my ideal result. I need at least 2 more weeks to diet and it will be great. Then I can afford to drink coffee with cream more often

Last edited:

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
3 to 4 cups is too much, all I drink is one cup in the morning with breakfast, on a rare occasion I may have another cup at noon.

As it is with all things in life, moderation is the key. Kind of like saying, I only drink 3 to 4 glasses of whiskey a day how could that be bad? Now they're saying that's bad for you. Moderation, moderation.

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
And yet It's hard to argue with the Harvard Medical where they reported researchers found that people who drank two to three cups of coffee each day had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and early death than those who avoided the beverage. But, what do they know?

Personally I limit my consumption of coffee to a single pot a day. No sense pushing it. Started limiting my coffee consumption right after I turned 70 or so. Bout the same time I cut breakfast to 4 eggs, 2 sausage patties and 4 strips of bacon fried in olive oil. (Just in case.)

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
No, not really. Here's what:
has to say about it:

While the side effects of caffeine and anxiety can be alike, you can't get anxiety from caffeine directly. But, drinking coffee can make anxiety symptoms worse. Research shows that in people with panic disorder, caffeine consumption raises the risk of having a panic attack and increases levels of anxiety.

Additionally:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/anxiety-and-caffeine#:~:text=Caffeine is a central nervous,of uneasiness, and rapid heartbeat.&text=Caffeine is the psychoactive drug,the most in the world.

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, and consuming too much can lead to symptoms of anxiety. These can include restlessness, feelings of uneasiness, and rapid heartbeat.
And;
Readers should note that there is a large distinction between having a formal anxiety disorder and feeling some symptoms similar to anxiety that may be worsened by drinking coffee.