Most Expensive Coffee In The World

businessdegree

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Kopi luwak or civet coffee its Asian i think my friend told she tasted it once and its amazing something you would want to taste over and over again but its not really spread around because it costs 160 dollars per pound

Last edited by a moderator:

baliexportproductS

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Balinese Coffee

Kopi Bali uses only high grade beans
cultivated in the highlands of Bali, where volcanic soil and a cool climate provide a highly favourable environment for the arabica coffee tree.
SO contact Us baliexportproduct yahoo com

Elly

Jul 12, 2013
Ireland
Visit site
When in Bali, I was told that this special coffee made by a "toddy cat" would cost $50 a cup. Like any type of cat, I'd have needed 9 lives if I had gave in to the temptation to try it.

I settled for a regular Kopi with full cream, sugar and loved it all the same. Glad to hear it's not all it's hyped up to be.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
According to the study, Kopi Luwak is a good coffee since civets eat coffee cherries containing better beans. Once defecated, these are collected. But I don’t think so that this coffee is the most expensive one than the other coffee grown in high mountains. It is just exaggerated to make it very expensive. I have never tasted this kind of coffee, but maybe due to the people inquisitiveness to try, then they are pricing it too high.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
According to the study, Kopi Luwak is a good coffee since civets eat coffee cherries containing better beans. Once defecated, these are collected. But I don’t think so that this coffee is the most expensive one than the other coffee grown in high mountains. It is just exaggerated to make it very expensive. I have never tasted this kind of coffee, but maybe due to the people inquisitiveness to try, then they are pricing it too high.

It is the most expensive coffee in the world right now.
Anywhere from 300-500 dollars a pound.
I believe Blue Mountain Coffee (pea Berry) would be around 150 per pound.

The taste mild but very complex.
You should try it. We have a board sponsor who is selling this at the reasonably.

Divya

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
India is the one of the popular country which provide tasty coffee beans to all over the world. So it is quality coffee beans with reasonable price.

farhan

Sep 10, 2013
Jakarta
Visit site
Hello ,
Greeting from Indonesia
Basically civets coffee is not very expensive if you can buy it from right producer / farmer.
Its also clean and healthy since its picked up freshly every morning by farmer in open or natural large orchards ( Mostly civets eat coffee berry during the night and the farmers picked up the fresh poos of civets which left the poop on the coffee orchards in the morning ).
Its also cleaned by water many times and its dyed for 1-3 weeks under direct sun on farm. Additionally , the fungus or bacterias will be instantly burn/death when the coffee beans is roasted (if there any fungus or bacterias on it).
Generally , I think wild civets coffee is not harmful for human . ( its also proof by some researchers recently ).

Thanks and Best Regard
Farhan
civetscoffeegayo

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
So, from what you say, it sounds like the "poo" bacteria stays on the coffee beans until they are roasted.

This would mean that the people handling the coffee beans every step of the way, until the time they are roasted, are handling the bacteria too. And even after the beans are roasted, they're possibly being recontaminated by careless workers.

So, considering all that, how can the "wild civets" coffee not be harmful to humans?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
So, from what you say, it sounds like the "poo" bacteria stays on the coffee beans until they are roasted.

This would mean that the people handling the coffee beans every step of the way, until the time they are roasted, are handling the bacteria too. And even after the beans are roasted, they're possibly being recontaminated by careless workers.

So, considering all that, how can the "wild civets" coffee not be harmful to humans?

Rose,

Most of the beans will be washed and cleaned properly.
If you are that concern about the bacteria, you won't be able to eat any type of meat base product.

We are hoping all those proper steps are taken before they are on our table.

Same goes for the coffee beans.
Even the regular coffee beans are cleaned and dried out side where the dust and allergens can get into your coffee beans.

We are trusting all the farmers in any product have taken in great care to produce end product we consume everyday.

CJ.

farhan

Sep 10, 2013
Jakarta
Visit site
Rose ,

What I am going to say " It would be happened for all the organic agriculture product , for example : when the farmers take a "Fresh Milk" from the Cows" and they put the Cow Milk into a nice and clean milk's packaging .
During its production process on farm , there must be some nature fungus/bacteria/dust contamination but its not harmful for the human. ( That is why the milk product could not be kept more than 2-3 days in the refrigerator at home ). Unless the producers put an additive fungicide/bactericide chemical compound in it. ( not an organic products but it would be more dangerous for human health if they did it ).

Cj is right , even for the regular coffee beans product it could also be happened ( But its not harmful for human health ).

Thanks and Best Regards
Farhan .

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The thought of the bacteria contamination from the coffee beans that came from piles of "poo" doesn't appeal to me.

But, everyone has his or her limits on what they'll eat. I don't eat mushrooms either.....

Rose

chikung

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what was said about marketing here - have a great marketing around any crap thing and it will be sold for a lot of money - a lot of times price doesn't equal quality

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
$210 a pound is like a car payment!

In recent years I've read a lot about Esmeralda Special and how good (and expensive) it is.

I like the name too. But, it's way too expensive for my budget!