What coffee are you drinking right now?

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Right now I am finishing a cup of Nicaragua Pacamara Mama Mina that I brewed on the siphon.

It started off with nice cinnamon and clove notes and opened into a sweet vanilla with soft berry hints hitting the insides of my cheeks. Nice jasmine floral finish in the cup. :)

TheCoffeeAdventures

Apr 21, 2010
Sarasota, FL
Visit site
topher said:
C.A. local coffee shop or local roaster..Whats the name? You ever tried Latitudes? They are located over your way.

I've gotten some of Latitudes coffee from Whole Foods and did not like it. Probably because it wasn't all that fresh. There roastery is very close to me so it's nice. I've picked up green beans from them before.

The JBM I got from Sarasota Bay Roasting Comapny. They are I believe pretty new to Sarasota.

C

coffeeloverlisa

Drinking RF Hawaiian Kona. Come on over. Plenty for all!

Shupes

Oct 19, 2010
San Jose Ca 95132
Visit site
iM DRINKING
instant coffee cause my regular coffee maker broke down on me, don't know when ill be able to replace it. The instant coffee I'm drinking is NESCAFE, I sometimes make a ice coffee from this with an addition of sweet condensed milk. Anything Columbia coffee bean is what i prefer, but i love to taste all sorts of brands . :wink:

TheCoffeeAdventures

Apr 21, 2010
Sarasota, FL
Visit site
Shupes said:
iM DRINKING
instant coffee cause my regular coffee maker broke down on me, don't know when ill be able to replace it. The instant coffee I'm drinking is NESCAFE, I sometimes make a ice coffee from this with an addition of sweet condensed milk. Anything Columbia coffee bean is what i prefer, but i love to taste all sorts of brands . :wink:

Have you looked into using a French Press? Good stuff.

JDean

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm into the one cup packages that you can get at Starbucks, although the Starbucks brand is not very good. I have tried several types and am currently enjoying a white coffee from Malaysia. I found it in an Asian food store in Seattle and it is called Ipoh White Coffee. I tried to find it online in the U.S. and found it at www.asianwhitecoffee.com. There are a few sites overseas that sell it as well but the shipping was prohibitive.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
That is absolutely without a doubt 110% true and I have some I will sell you for a meager $300 per pound!!! Wait, wait, wait.... my cat is dropping a fresh batch as I type this...

OK I'm back. Seriously, the best coffee in the world is what YOU happen to enjoy/appreciate. There are so many coffees out there along with a handful of brew methods that can showcase each coffee in its own way, there is just no way to say what "the best" is.

"Kopi Luwak" is the coffee you're inquiring about and even though I have never tried it and likely never will, most say it has an "earthy" taste and I'd expect so. The hype around this is more than likely due to the sheer rarity of it. Later!

C

coffeeloverlisa

Drinking some Kopi Luwak as we speak (we sell it and sometime have some left from our orders and get to brew it). Yes we sell it for $55/quarter pound and you can read about it here (just for info - don't buy it)

http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com/Coffee/ ... fault.aspx

But it is a lot of story and it does taste great, but for the money brew me a pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain any day - as long as it is genuine and roasted fresh.

And for less money, brew me a cup of Panama Carmen Estate. Chocolatey, rich and multi-level flavors that make you drink tons of it.

Cheers.