What coffee are you drinking right now?

Thaifan

Dec 29, 2011
Sydney
Visit site
Though I have a new grinder, and the espresso machine likes it's output, despite it not being a burr type, I bought some already ground Coles Free Trade medium roast just to compare. Coles is one of the two major supermarket/petrol station/women's clothes/electronic shops - owners.

I am surprised at how much Crema the machine could produce from this Coles labelled product. And I like the taste, it is mellow, mild, and nicely rounded. So for your $5 you will get a few cups of really nice cappuccino, whatever. The bag contains a device to take up moisture, but it does not seem to be vacuum packed, in that it isn't like a brick.

However, what I want to comment on, is that the sprinkle of Nestle's mint flavored drinking chocolate, is divine. I will make it my choice over caramel and plain. Though, caramel isn't bad!

I have only had my Sunbeam Piccolo machine a week, and the large mug of cappuccino was the first using filtered water. I went to KMart (another Coles department store) just to get a new Brita filter cartridge for my filter jug I hadn't used for a couple of years.

And yes, I think the water minus the minerals does make the water softer & makes the coffee taste better. No doubt better for the machine too.

I wish you all a happy New Year - and hope you discover your most satisfying coffee beans, ever, in 2012

FDC

Jan 7, 2012
Scotland
Visit site
Malawi Pamwamba. I was in Malawi a few years ago and loved the Mzuzu coffee which is grown in the main coffee area in the north. Pamwamba, I think, comes from the south. Not well known but I would recommend this little gem of a coffee
FDC

Ford4ever

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I got me a stainless steel thermos with some dark roast Senseo coffee. I put some creamer and 2 sweet and low. But if ya'll never had Senseo coffee, you should try it.

Latest posts