Buying coffee without a broker....

Henrywijaya50

Jun 28, 2015
Indonesia
Visit site
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response in advance and please pardon me for the late reply.

I hope the following information can answer your questions:

1) I have attached some of the plantation pictures. Fyi, The plantation is located at Simalungun regency (near Lake Toba) in North Sumatera province, Indonesia.
Coffee Plantation_North Sumatera.jpgCoffee Plantation_North Sumatera_2.jpgDrying Process_1.jpg

2) For the sample, I charge the shipping cost based on UPS/DHL/Fedex rate. Normally, DHL rate is cheaper for delivering sample to US region.
The approximate shipping charges from Indonesia to USA is around 6000-6500 USD per 20 ft container (nicely fit for 18 tonnes of green beans). I got the estimated shipping cost from my freight forwarder, so if the buyer can get the cheaper shipping cost using their own freight forwarder, I'm fine to use the buyer's freight forwarder service.
3) I usually sell at least 1 full container of common green coffee beans (20 ft) to my customer due to expensive shipping cost. Nonetheless, for the Luwak (wild civet) coffee beans, we can ship around 10 kg per shipment to our customer in US or Europe.
4) For our common Grade 1 coffee beans price (FOB port in Indonesia), it's range from USD 5000 to 9300 per tonne. This is the price range exclude the famous Luwak Coffee & Longberry.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,
Henry Wijaya
mobile phone : (+62) 87 888 111 360
email: henrywijaya50 et hotmail dot com

dieity

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
what kind of coffee are you interest? Green coffee beans or roasted coffee beans?
I'm a roasted coffee bean supplier from Vietnam.
I can supply Arabica and Mocha roasted beans.
Our bean are grown in Da Lat, Vietnam which is over 1500meters from the sea.
Please contact me if you are interest.

Thank you.

Dat
+84 122 360 3471
dieity(a)outlook.com

dieity

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Dieity, most of every forum member knows that roasted coffee bean are only fresh for a week or so, then, what would be the point selling roasted coffee from Vietnam to overseas other countries?

Hi ensoluna, thanks for telling me.
I didn't know that. Could you please explain me?
They say after roasting we have to rest the coffee for over 5 days for a perfect cup of coffee.
Beside, is there any packing way to keep the flavor of the coffee?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
you can get the answers to your questions via internet, very easily.
I am sure that most of members do not want to hear this.
anyway, if you are selling coffee from Vietnam, better to focus on selling green beans.
best of luck to you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi ensoluna, thanks for telling me.
I didn't know that. Could you please explain me?
They say after roasting we have to rest the coffee for over 5 days for a perfect cup of coffee.
Beside, is there any packing way to keep the flavor of the coffee?

We have had a lot of discussions on this topic. Feel free to explore the Forum threads by doing a search in the search box (located at the top-right corner of your screen). Your search will direct you to a lot of useful information.

Rose

Habitachiapas

Dec 21, 2016
Chiapas
Visit site
chipas coffee

Mick

I am new to the coffee business. I live in Chiapas mexicon and have trees upon trees of fresh mountain grown cafe. Its awesome here. I have about 12 acres of coffee ready to seel now. But they dont pay shit here in my area. I would like to conect with a broker that i could send my coffee to that will help me get it to the right people in the us or even japan i here they are paying good for awesome coffee. Where I am at the elevation is 3883 above sea level- The ground is black soil and lots of nice trees full of fresh green coffee. Could you help me out. 403 668 1717 is a local number to call me at anytime

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
In Chiapas, when the elevation is 3800 or so, the beans will be HB (hard bean which is 3rd grade).
it would be extremely tough to sell to USA without broker and almost impossible to sell to Japan mainly because they have very strict regulation about importing coffees.
best of luck to you.

experio

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Regarding reputable Coffee Importers

Hello Mick,

I just joined this forum and am new to coffee roasting. I invested in a couple of new technology roasters/roast and brew system which I am about to receive. I would like to try out small batches of sample green coffees to learn the techniques myself and friends. Not commercially interested presently. I am very technical about the roasting process and have read. Can you share some reliable sources suppliers where I can obtain small samples of green coffee (1-5 lbs ?)

Don''t do it. I was a green coffee trader for 15 years. You''re not going to save much, you''ll have way more liability than you want, have to deal with broken bags, insurance claims, possible quality claims against exporters etc etc...need I go on? Deal with a reputable importer. I can recommend if anyone''s interested

Good luck

Mick Hill - Green Coffee Buyer

Christina179

Jul 3, 2017
Viet Nam
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

My name is Christina from Viet Nam. My family own a coffee farm ( Robusta ),warehouse to collect coffee after harvest from other farmers around and still selling out with green beans until last year, we start to roast the bean and distribute to some coffee shop in my town.

Now I want to start exporting business to not only find new market but also to approach new technology in coffee industry. We can provide green beans or roasted beans depend on customers requirements.

Each year our cop is about 200 tons and 20,000 tons of collecting from others.

I really want to start new business and make cooperation oversea.

For further information please contact me via skype:christina.1709 or my phone/whatsapp/viber/ line:+84 909 213 307

Thanks

Christina