What coffee are you drinking right now?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
if you like real good coffee, do not order from Amazon.com
a month ago, I ordered Deathwish coffee from Amazon (just for experimental case), but it was very bad (even though there are tons of great reviews, but you never know......)

anyway, trust me. if you want real good coffee, go to local roaster and buy from them, freshly, lightly roasted.
we got some great roasters in this forum and you can check them out also. for me, whenever my own coffee runs out (I bring some of my own coffee to LA from Guatemala), i always order from forum members via their website. I have never got disappointed. Honest !.

Last edited:

coffeetom

Jul 5, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
if you like real good coffee, do not order from Amazon.com
a month ago, I ordered Deathwish coffee from Amazon (just for experimental case), but it was very bad (even though there are tons of great reviews, not never know)

anyway, trust me. if you want real good coffee, go to local roaster and buy from them, freshly, lightly roasted.
we got some great roasters in this forum and you can check them out also. for me, whenever my own coffee runs out (I bring some of my own coffee to LA from Guatemala), i always order from forum members via their website. I have never got disappointed. Honest !.

To be honest, the only reason why I consider buying from Amazon once in a while is because it's cheap.
My problem is I drink so much coffee (5-6 cups per day) I can hardly afford the good stuff.

Believe me, there is nothing I would love to do more than checking out all the local roasters I have around me but with a price of $20-$30/pound it's just not possible.
I woulds spend 25% of our monthly grocery bills only on coffee. Not sure if my wife would agree to that...

If you know any place online that offers good coffee for affordable prices, let me know, please!

But I will take your advice and search the forum! Thanks!

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
To be honest, the only reason why I consider buying from Amazon once in a while is because it's cheap.
My problem is I drink so much coffee (5-6 cups per day) I can hardly afford the good stuff.

Believe me, there is nothing I would love to do more than checking out all the local roasters I have around me but with a price of $20-$30/pound it's just not possible.
I woulds spend 25% of our monthly grocery bills only on coffee. Not sure if my wife would agree to that...

If you know any place online that offers good coffee for affordable prices, let me know, please!

But I will take your advice and search the forum! Thanks!

Is all of the coffee that your local roaster sells priced at $20-$30 a pound? That's a bit steep for most of our budgets!

As you become more and more familiar with some of the members of this Forum who roast coffee, I'm sure you will trust them to help you select some very good coffee for much less, including shipping.

Rose

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey coffeetom...if you're used to getting "marginal" quality at a great price online, then you should be really happy with what you can find here. I have a hamburger budget, but occasionally step out for a nice filet mignon or porterhouse from time to time. I just work too darn hard to deny myself the pleasures of a great cup of coffee from time to time. If it's worth putting in a french press, it's going to be more than $10.00/lb...as a rule of thumb. On occasion, I would spend $20 - $30 for a pound of fresh roasted beans from a trusted source. Someone once bought me a quarter pound of Kopi Luwak as a gift, just because of the hype and it being the "most expensive"...I wasn't impressed.

DianaScott

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was out all day and have no time to brew my own coffee, so now I am having a venti caramel macchiato from starbucks. But i'm currently loving the coffee that a friend of mine brought me from the Philippines, it's called sagada dark roast. I think it is from the mountains, a place called sagada.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I was out all day and have no time to brew my own coffee, so now I am having a venti caramel macchiato from starbucks. But i'm currently loving the coffee that a friend of mine brought me from the Philippines, it's called sagada dark roast. I think it is from the mountains, a place called sagada.

Sagada coffee is from Cordillera region in Philippines, way way up north of Philippine island.
I have heard that this region coffee is famous for two things.
one : civet coffee, this region also has a lot of civets, so they also produce some luwak coffee
two : when Sagada coffee is done properly with Natural process, it will taste very similar to Yirgacheffe with tea-like flavor with hints of lemon acidity and floral aftertastes.

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
figured i would post one of my favorite dessert drinks
20150914_094103.jpg

4 shots espresso
2 shots kahlua
Milk or Cream to taste
Top it off with Whipped Cream

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
No i live in New England why do you ask ?

because of Cafe Bustelo.
Cafe Bustelo has a long history of Cuban Coffee and Cuban immigrants to Miami area in 1960. (in 1920, Cafe Bustelo was established by Gregario Bustelo in Bronx, but it got sold in Cuban family in Doral area in 2000)

as far as I know, not whole lot of people drink Cafe Bustelo, but it IS getting popular slowly but surely.
however, it is quite popular in Miami/Doral area where are a lot of Cuban communities and followers of Cuban style coffees. (and I was one of them long time ago)

I have been in this forum for a while and you are the first person who mentioned about Cafe Bustelo.

Welcome to Forum.

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
pretty sure your mistaken about its popularity considering it has practically a whole shelf section in stop and shop. and its used by a decent number of coffee shops around where i live

Last edited:

Latest posts