Coffee is a health drink?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I heard today that coffee helps reduce stress as well. I've started drinking a cold coffee that has 12 spectrum vitamins, coconut cream, arabica, robusta beans and so much more. Taste awesome and good for you.

If your interested check out:
(link removed by moderator)

Hello mholguin,

Here on the Coffee Forums, we prefer to discuss plain 'ole coffee - with no added vitamins, herbal extracts, mushrooms, etc. added to it.

After doing some quick research, it appears that the coffee you're referring to contains an ingredient that's not welcome on the Coffee Forums.

Please see rule #6 here:
http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/announcements/5-rules-tos.html

Rose

Seanmgraham

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
Visit site
Black coffee is zero calories but very flavorful and gives you energy which makes it the perfect drink for a diet. I always drink more coffee when I'm dieting to keep myself energized and alert and give my taste buds something to do.

tmcc

Apr 14, 2014
Texas
Visit site
My take on black coffee and calories is this. If you enjoy black coffee and are not at any health risk or over-weight, then who cares. Drink up.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
The current coffee I'm dipping into are lightly roasted beans from Kenya. After drinking a big mug of that in the morning, my appetite is gone for most of the day. I'm not particularly fond of the taste but it might be a good coffee for dieters.

jennifer22

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Coffee when consumed in excess can be addictive, stimulate, and a mood charger. A large amount of coffee or caffeine consumed all at once can have a negative affect on blood sugar levels that influences fat burning that could change into storing fat. Too much coffee over time can stain your teeth.

lauren85

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Have many, many warm memories involving coffee. My father was a railroader who worked the spare board; lot's of hours, lots of money. Used his kids as alarm clocks to shuttle him in and out of the house. When he wasn't working he played a baby concert Hammond Organ he got at a NYC bankruptcy sale.

Railroad coffee was an evil brew of coffee perked until you could smell it burning then dosed with lots of sugar and evaporated milk. By age eleven I was drinking that; wired on caffeine and sugar.

Anyway, saw a Maxwell House commercial that demonstrated a proper brew ( this was maybe 1961). So I judiciously followed the instructions and brought the old man a cup while he was playing.

"Who made the coffee?, he asked suspiciously.
"I did. I watched a commercial on how to do it."

He cautiously sipped then took a big swig, layed the coffee by the organ and went back to playing.

I turned away a little dejected at the coldness.

As I turned to leave I heard, "From now on you're going to have to make the coffee..."

I don't need any "healthy" reasons to luv coffee.

:)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
As I turned to leave I heard, "From now on you're going to have to make the coffee..."

I don't need any "healthy" reasons to luv coffee.

Lauren,

That was such a nice experience for you! So many children strive to get a parent's approval, only to fail and be discouraged. I'm glad your father helped you create such a nice memory relating to coffee. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rose

delimacoffee

Jun 5, 2014
Cicero, New York
Visit site
What if the 3-4 cups of coffee are really big cups? :) I think I drink more like 6-8 cups of coffee a day. Also in regards to the tannins and antioxidants, would these be filtered out with paper coffee filters? I use a metal filter that allows all of the oils of the coffee to be brewed and put in my cup rather than a paper filter.

Vega Sinclair, Health & Dental Insurance Plans Advisor
URL removed by moderator. Please refer to the forum rules!

Metal filters certainly do allow the oils to remain. I always wonder about what we're getting from the metal though.

mark2014

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have never felt sick drinking coffee I always go moderate with this drink even the days that I go like 5 cups a day really did not got any negative symptoms

jwiley86

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Visit site
Coffee has health benefits and good source of anti-oxidants. But I think drinking coffee is still good in moderation. I know someone who had prostate cancer and coffee is not really ideal, as it could also increase the prostate count and risks.

Latest posts