Coffee is a health drink?

monstro18

Jul 4, 2014
Iowa
Visit site
Yep, we have to remember that caffeine is a drug and too much of a good healthy thing can be a bad thing. And remember that coffee is acidic so eating food with your coffee drink is very important as the acidity will hurt your stomach and sooner or later you will hear the doctor tell you to stop drinking coffee... So 3 cups a day (15 ounces, European cups that is, like the ones on your coffee pot) and eat when you drink and it should lead to a healthier you!

Bohan

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Stick to 1 cup a day if your kidneys aren't healthy.

"...when your kidneys are not healthy, you often need to limit certain foods that can increase the potassium in your blood to a dangerous level. You may feel some weakness, numbness and tingling if your potassium is at a high level. If your potassium becomes too high, it can cause an irregular heartbeat or a heart attack...Coffee: limit to 8 ounces"​

http://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/potassium.cfm

charlespe

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hmm for me Coffee is a very good thing. I drink coffee first thing in the morning and 15 mins before my workout which gives me the energy and the mood

DorothyGonzalez

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
No doubt that coffee is a Healthy drink. It has lots of health benefits in our body. Me, personally it helps me to lessen the stress that I am encountering. COFFEE is the best!:coffeemug:

MissPiggy

Dec 28, 2014
Philippines
Visit site
I learned a lot about coffee and its properties during my college days when I took up pharmacognosy and biochemistry! And that's also the reason I came to love coffee and tea! because aside from being a good beverage, it can also improve our health so that's why I always see to it that everyday I would drink at least a cup of coffee. Coffee is part of the xanthene derivatives so it has thioxanthene which is a very good antioxidant. And being an antioxidant itself, it washes away the bad toxins in our body that can cause a lot of diseases! That's why drink coffee!!!

armorm2

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for posting a link to a reliable source containing info about the health benefits of coffee. Everyone one here just seems to be giving their opinion/anecdotal evidence. Always good to have an actual reference to a trusted organization (the HuffPost article links to Harvard studies, University of Utah studies, etc)