Coffee is a health drink?

amirhossien

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Coffee is not usually thought of as health food, but a number of recent studies suggest that it can be a highly beneficial drink. Researchers have found strong evidence that coffee reduces the risk of several serious ailments, including diabetes, heart disease and cirrhosis of the liver.

Kognisjon

Jan 24, 2018
USA, Alaska
Visit site
I truely agree that coffe is a health drink... for me its like a rejuvenation technique which works wonders on my mood.. A cuppa hot coffe is all i need at late afternoon to keep me in spirits.. also it fights headache and helps me put less weight on..

jeanmorewarehouse

Mar 26, 2018
Visit site
Millions of people all over the world start each day with a cup of coffee. so as per my opinion coffee is not a health drink but every people need to start a day with a small cup of coffee.

SusanMangum

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Studies have shown that coffee may have health benefits, including protection against Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and liver cancer. It lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Coffee drinkers have less risk of heart disease.

seoking

Mar 23, 2019
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Recent studies have actually shown that for moderate coffee drinkers, coffee has numerous health benefits, ranging from reduced mortality, protection from type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's, and liver cancer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]High consumption can bear some increase in heart disease and cholesterol levels. There are also some people who have a genetic mutation that slows caffeine breakdown in the body, so their risks are increased.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, benefits seem to outweigh the risks but maybe keep your consumption to 1-2 cups a day.[/FONT]

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I don't think coffee deserves to be considered a "health drink". Sure, there are lots of good things about coffee. Anti-oxidants. Mild stimulant. But the caffiene in coffee can also be problematic for some people, even in smaller amounts. We aren't talking about drinking massive quantities of coffee. After all, massive quantities of anything, no matter how good it is for you, is bad. But for something to be considered a health drink, I would think it must be largely beneficial to pretty much anyone who drinks it. Don't get me wrong. Just like pretty much everyone who uses this forum, I love coffee. I love how it tastes. I love that there are so many ways you can drink it. I love the ritual of preparing coffee in all of those different preparation methods. But I would never call it a healty drink.

mimimikikiki

Jun 19, 2020
Visit site
“Caffeine is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coffee. But coffee also contains antioxidants and other active substances that may reduce internal inflammation and protect against disease,” says Diane Vizthum, M.S., R.D., research nutritionist for Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
“Caffeine is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coffee. But coffee also contains antioxidants and other active substances that may reduce internal inflammation and protect against disease,” says Diane Vizthum, M.S., R.D., research nutritionist for Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

True. But coffee also contains some harmful things that can be unhealthy. We all know that caffeine can interfere with normal sleep in some people. Caffeine is also addictive so if you drink large amounts of coffee and then stop, you can experience withdrawal symptoms. Also, it depends upon how you brew your coffee. Unfiltered coffee such as from a french press contains larger amounts of oils which contain diterpenes such as cafestol which can raise your LDL cholesterol levels. And in studies of people who drank unfiltered coffee, they found a higher mortality rate in those who drank unfiltered coffee versus those who drank filtered or those who drank no coffee at all. Of course, the highest mortality rates were seen in people who drank 9 cups of unfiltered coffee per day. I think one can say that at lower quantities coffee has a lot of positive attributes that can be beneficial. But as with anything, if you drink too much coffee, the benefits disappear and the negatives begin to take over. Moderation in everything is advisable.